The welcome mural in the office at Henderson Avenue Public School in Thornhill Ontario, welcomes all nationalities. Henderson Avenue School extends its friendship and goodwill to all people, regardless of their culture or heritage.
Respect is alive and well at Henderson and consistent examples of respectful behaviour are seen on a regular basis throughout the school.
Here is a respect tip I would like to share:
Never let a mean situation go by without doing your part. Here are five possibilities:
- Speak up and ask the person to stop.
- Change the subject or redirect the topic to something else.
- Tell a supportive adult you trust.
- Talk to a friend about what happened.
- Share some words of support later with the person who was being picked on.
Today we presented ‘Stand Up For Respect’, ‘Stand Up Against Bullying’ and ‘Cyberbullying – Got 2 Go’ at Henderson Avenue Public School. After the assemblies, grade 6 teacher, Ms. Shannon Ostilly commented:
“We were very happy with all three assemblies by Stand Up Now Productions. Thanks so much for coming to Henderson Avenue!”